Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /home/ourwalka/public_html/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /home/ourwalka/public_html/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /home/ourwalka/public_html/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ourwalka/public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 652

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ourwalka/public_html/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 652
Day 137- Thanksgiving

Day 137- Thanksgiving


Boy, the wind those trains blew into the train were cold! It happened a lot more often than I expected too, so I didn't get the best night's sleep, but I was happy it was Thanksgiving. We talked to Levi's parents for a bit and then packed up our stuff to head on to the Diner. Before we left Levi put some coins on the train tracks and then collected the them all flatened; it was neat. It was about 14 miles to the Dancing Eagle Casino where the Diner was, and we powered through. New Mexico continued to amaze us with the views we would see after climbing in elevation. We arrived and I called my mom before going in to eat to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving.

The Diner was very nice inside, and they had a buffet for Thanksgiving that was perfect. We had delicious food, classic thanksgiving food, some Mexican, and Levi even got a huge slice of prime rib. We ended up hanging out there for nearly three hours after eating dessert. Our server kept filling our coffee and ensuring us that we could stay as long as we wanted. It was really nice, because we were able to stay warm and play on the phones a little.

Before we knew it the time was 4:30, and it was going to get dark in a half hour. Next to the casino was a small RV park, so we went to see if we could set up our tent there. Nobody was there, so we paid the fee and set up. There was also a full size grocery store next door, so we went over and decided to do our stock up grocery run here instead of in Grants. After that we went to the travel center and took super hot showers (inclulded in the RV price, wahoo!) It felt great to get cleaned up, and my shower was so hot at the end that I wasn't cold when I went back outside. I called my parents again and talked to my dad and my Grandma Diane. Then it was time to lay down and enjoy being clean and in a secure camp spot. The only thing was my mat had gotten a new hole from a thorn I missed when checking the floor, and it deflated after some time. I was in and out of sleep for a while, and Levi was up playing on his phone. He let me lay on his mat, and I fell right asleep.

For not being home, it was a wonderful thanksgiving, and we were thankful the flying eagle casino/travel center/diner/market had it all for us.

Thankful as always,